Sunday, September 25, 2011

No More Pictures for a While

Well I had such a great day last Wednesday that I just have not had the time to write it down for all of you to read about and laugh.   It all started as I drove back from taking the kids to the bus stop because it was raining.  I looked over at the cows and could only count 9 of 11.  Since they are imminent to calf any day I knew I needed to go and find those that were lost.  I went inside got all the rain gear on put my phone in one pocket--in case I need to call for help--and the camera in the other pocket--to take pictures of any new born calves or anything else I find interesting.  I walked out to the cows and counted again.  Now there were 10 of 11.  Still one missing.  I counted twice more just to make sure before I went looking all over the pasture.  Still only 10.  Off I went making the rounds around and through the trees.  I could not see the missing cow anywhere.  However about halfway through I did notice that one of my pockets was empty.  I had lost the camera--somewhere in the tall wet grass.   I was still worried about the missing cow so I retraced my steps looking for the cow and the camera.  When I got back up to the top of the hill I counted all of them again.  Now there were 11.  At least all the cows were safe.  Now if I could just find my camera!!  So off I went zigzagging over the pasture.  Then I here a lot of mooing and looked up the hill to see about 30 cows on the other side of my fence, all over the driveway and my front yard.  I called my neighbor--who owns the cows and he came right over.  I helped round up his cows and chased them down the drive and road to his place where they jumped back over the fence that had been crushed by a fallen tree limb.  By this time my pants were thoroughly wet except where they were covered by my raincoat and boots.  I went inside to eat breakfast and as I get to the front door Isaac is standing there crying.  The cows in the front yard had frightened him--poor kid.  So we sat down together and had some breakfast and read a book or two.  Then I turned a kid show on for Isaac got a dry coat and hat on and went back out to zigzag the pasture.  One and a half hours later I was again thoroughly soaked and still cameraless.  I went inside and took a warm shower and went on with my day.   Later when the family got home we all went zigzagging together--still no camera.  I still have hopes that on one of my rounds 2 or 3 times a day to check on the cows that I will find my camera.  Wether or not it will work is a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment