Friday, June 29, 2012

Favorite recipes---pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

I have finally realized how quickly the next year is going to go by--then my oldest will be headed off to college.  Wow--I guess that means I am old!:(   In preparation for this I thought I would begin compiling a book of my favorite recipes.  So she can have them when she goes.   I thought this would be a good place to post them and would help me be less negligent on posting.  You know, like killing two birds with one stone--so to speak.
I will include a little about each recipe (why its a fave, where it came from, etc.) so the cookbook will be a little more personal.

So the first recipe is  ....

PUMPKIN MUFFINS
1 1/2 cups sugar                     2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt                             1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. baking soda                   1 cup cooked pureed pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon                       1/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cup flour                          1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350’.  In large bowl mix all dry ingredients.  In another smaller bowl mix eggs, oil, pumpkin and milk.   Add wet ingredients to dry.  Add chocolate chips.   Mix lightly, just until combined.  Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.  Fill cups half full.  Bake mini muffins for 12-15 minutes, regular for 25-30 minutes.  cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.  
I have used pumpkin, butternut squash, summer squash, and even carrots in this recipe.  Of course always peel, cook and puree or mash well.

No comments:

Post a Comment