Monday, July 25, 2011

Little Inspirations

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for church Isaac and Canyon kept fighting over everything.  Brett had left for church early for meetings.  I was almost done getting ready when I hear both the boys yelling and then crying.  My first impulse was to storm out into the living room give them a good lecture and sit them in time out--which would have turned into more yelling and crying.
But a little feeling told me to quickly finish getting ready and then go out and sit with them and do something quietly with them.  So I did.  I finished primping and went out and asked the boys to come sit with me.  They were a little reluctant--probably thinking I was going to lecture, spank, etc.  Instead I found a Book of Mormon reader.  We sat there and read for 15 minutes before leaving for church.  The boys listened and I listened and I learned a few things.  The boys were better at church yesterday, well, at least Canyon was better.  I am grateful for small inspirations and hope to listen better to them when they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment