Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Signs of Summer Ending

This morning as I was walking out to the barn I almost ran into this web.
I seem to run into webs everywhere I go.  That is a for sure sign of fall coming soon.  All the little baby spiders have hatched and are off spinning webs on their own.  It always remind me of Charlotte's Web.

This morning after I saw this web I began to hum a song a friend taught me in high school--

There's a web like a spider's web
Made of silver light and shadows
Spun by the moon in my room at night
It's a web made to catch a dream
Hold it tight 'til I awaken
As if to tell me my dream is of you.

I always thought it was a song about a dream catcher hung above the bed.  Maybe it was just images made by the moon.  It's funny how a little thing like a spider's web can spark a memory that leads to other memories.  The human mind really is amazing.

It was the kids first day of school.  It was such a quiet day for the most part.  It makes me appreciate my kids more.  You know the saying--"absence makes the heart grow fonder."  

No comments:

Post a Comment