Friday, October 7, 2011

More, and more, and more calves!

This little guy belongs to Maybell.  She had him around midnight on Wed. October 5th.  He is not named yet--any suggestions?

This is Bandit, born to Bossy on Wednesday morning.

Perseverance, born today, October 7th around 2:30 PM.  His mother is Weighty and he is so named because he has a rather large nose and it took a lot of perseverance on his mom's part, the poor thing.  We were a little worried we would have to intervene, but she was able to have him all by herself--thank goodness!
Rocky aka Curly with her little calf.  It was born last night, October 6th around 11 pm.  He, too, needs a name if you have any ideas?
I have had the opportunity to watch the birth of three of our eight calves and it is a pretty amazing thing.  There are so many things that I see when I walk around the farm that testify that there is a God and he is good.  I do not know how anyone would really believe that all of this just "happened" or "evolved".  I know that there is a God and that he is aware of even the smallest of his creations.
I have been taking classes to become a Master Gardener and I have loved it.  Not just because I do like to garden, but because I have realized that I really love to learn.  I get so excited and amazed by the things I am learning.  This week was all about the Pathology of Plants.  Who would think that learning about bacteria, virus', and fungi that affect plants could be so interesting.
I am so grateful for the many opportunities for learning I have had since moving to "the farm."

No comments:

Post a Comment