Friday, April 22, 2011

Today

This morning I went to a few classes at the Extension Service. Thanks Carrie for watching Isaac.
They were good classes all in honor of Earth Day.
The first one was about raising chickens in you back yard. Since we have had chickens for about 2 months--I am still a beginner. I learned a lot and especially appreciated the websites that were given for further reference. Most of them are on the UK website under small flocks.
The second class was all about planting and growing berries. This was great information. We have a few thornless blackberry bushes now and hope to plant a strawberry patch and blueberry patch as well. It was great info.
We also received two tree seedlings--a Redbud and a Kentucky Coffee Tree(it doesn't really grow coffee for those that are wondering). Now I need to plant the along with the three apple trees I grafted at the last class I went to about a month ago--they all were successful grafts--YAY!
Oh yeah--Yesterday we ate our first radishes from the garden with our salad at dinner. Pretty Cool!

Well, I have a whiney little 4 year old that needs a nap--So I will have to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment